Pimento cheese isn’t really my thing (too mayo-y for me) but it definitely has its fans, and this was inhaled at Becky’s shower, so apparently I know some of said fans. For this recipe, I doubled the pimento cheese featured in this Cooking Light sandwich recipe, and served alongside crackers and quick-pickled vegetables (carrots, radishes, green beans and cucumbers) prepared overnight in this brine. Got the idea of the combination from a recent dinner at Family Meal in Frederick.
- 4 tablespoons bottled diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoon grated peeled shallots
- 4 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- pickled vegetables (an assortment)
- crackers (I like stone wheat)
Mix first seven ingredients. Adjust seasoning if needed. Serve with veggies and crackers.